Describe the research project
Data Life Cycle stage(s): Describe
The research project description should contain the following information:
- Who: project personnel (principal investigator, researchers, technicians, others)
- Where: location and description of study site or sites
- When: range of dates for the project
- Why: rational for the project (abstract)
- How: description of project methods
Other useful information might include the project title, the overarching project (if any), institution(s) involved, and source of funding.
The project description provides essential background information and context for the dataset.
Cite this best practice:Emory Boose, DataONE (May 11, 2011) "Best Practice: Describe the research project". Accessed through the Data Management Skillbuilding Hub at https://dataoneorg.github.io/Education/bestpractices/describe-the-research on Aug 22, 2019